Monday, September 8, 2008

Nicholas Cage? Really?!?!? :shrug:

I had the weirdest dream last night. It would seem that somewhere in my subconscious mind I have decided that Nicholas Cage is desireable... who knew...

I will spare you some of the details but the main storyline consisted of me running through a city that was unfamiliar to me, at night. I wasn't running away from anyone, I was actually running, I should clarify that this was a playful run, alongside of some parade-esk event. From here I ended up in a hotel room with Cage... I remember I made a comment about locking the chain so that no one could intrude even if they had a key. Odd.

Skip ahead again, this time we are in a house in a valley of some sort. It's my wedding day and might I add the dress was freaking gorgeous!!! But the weird part is the wedding is very small, maybe 10 people total and though Cage is at the alter he's not the person I'm marrying. I can't quite make out the groom's face but Cage is the best man.

So I'm walking to the alter and before I even get there Cage says he can't just stand there and watch as I marry someone else (what?!?!) and he starts towards the door but collapses before he gets there. I run to him in a state that clearly says: I care very deeply for this person. Everyone is staring at me because this was, it would seem, an announcement no one was expecting.

A little time goes by, I'm no longer in my wedding dress but I'm still in a corsetted dress, it's almost a peasant style I would say. It's a steel-blue color, almost like a rain cloud. I go upstairs to the main floor only to find that Cage is packing to leave, clearly his collapse had no erased his feelings of being a jilted lover... except I have this overwhleming feeling of not wanting him to leave, but I don't want to say it inside the house... so I go outside and try to get up this steep embankment that I have decided (in my dream) is the way to leave.

I'm guessing the plan was to stop him before he left, and perhaps even leave with him... but the hill was too steep. I kept grabbing at the trees and foliage on the hillside but I couldn't even get a little headway. I pause for a moment to see Cage and my intended groom walk out talking to one another... Then I woke up... !!

I hate that; when dreams end before they conclude...
All I wanted was to go back to sleep and hope it would start up again but my cat had other plans for me.

Oh well...Sorry Nick! :giggle:

No comments: